![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
Friday, May 20, 2005
Anyway, here is what I hope a detailed account of my experience: Day 1: I almost forgot my scout pins, resulting to being grounded. I was forbidden to use the computer, but somehow, it got lifted. Still, it was pretty embarrassing. I arrived at school a few minutes before 6, which was a complete mistake since we left at around past seven. I sat beside Kathleen during the trip and had a completely hard time forcing myself to sleep so I ended up talking about endless topics with her. We reached there at about 9:30 and had to help clean the place up, move things and such within an hour. We also have to arrange our corner where we have to put up the tent. While changing, the flag of Patrol Ceres was taken. Everybody felt down and we were given a lecture after the opening ceremony. A little while later, during snack time, the flag of our patrol was snatched too. And to make the situation worse, I cried. Not just from emotional pain but also from physical pain, since my left knee was aching. I ended up missing the activity. Never mind that. After doing some SAGO and keeping busy with our corners, we had the closing ceremony and prayed the rosary. Then, we ended up doing lashing till midnight. Sleep was not that comfortable too as I needed to hug the box (made like a bag to carry things around) to make sure it won't be taken/confiscated. Yes, they (the senior staff and teachers) also do it during our sleep. Thankfully, nothing was taken. Day 2: Campfire. That's the only thing worth talking about. Sorry if I put off some major details... Anyway, we received a grade of 81.something during the formal inspection of our corner. Then, our brains were completely worrying about the campfire presentation. Alright, so I exaggerated a little, can't help it. Our road hike took our minds off it for almost an hour. Then we had practice before and after praying the whole rosary, which was around 6:30. It went well, with me occasionally badgering Kathleen as I try to recall the dance steps. Hey, I only practiced the dance for an hour on Monday and that was after the Judenites field trip. After dinner, we changed to our scout uniforms and prayed for a successful presentation. We also had to escort the senior staff, teachers and parents to the grounds. Kathleen, Shari, and I had to wait for ours. We were to escort four senior staff members who were still eating. And then something unexpected happened: our flags were returned to us. The joy we felt was immeasurable, yet it was shattered just as fast because our (PL) presentation was a flop. The song and icebreaker went fine, but the dance, there's no other word for it, was a disaster. Obviously, the SPLT's and the JLT's performances were wonderful. Once more, we slept at midnight due to lashing. Day 3: After agreeing to wake up at 4 a.m., we still woke up at around six, partly because of exhaustion. Besides, Winnie and Karen said that the senior staff returned at that hour so there was no way for us to resume lashing the gadgets. During the formal inspection, we cheered and sang till our voice became hoarse. Our efforts were in vain since our grade lowered by one point. So much for improvement... Anyway, we packed everything because we had to leave at three. At the trip back, Kathleen slept soundly while I was instantly jerked awake by the noise the rest of my fellow PLT's made, especially the guys who drank Lipovitan or some other energy drink. When we reached school, we had a closing ceremony and discussed some things. Then, around 6:50, my parents came. By then, nearly the whole place was empty, except for me and some CAT's. Also, I met Richmond and Tifa. Whew. That was hard work, forcing my brain to remember everything. But they were right when they said that it will be a very unforgettable experience. Anyway, leaving the topic, here are some quizzes I took: ![]() You are Blue. Overall you're a pretty content person. At peace with yourself, you don't tend to over react. Although at times you can be quite harsh and cold towards others. What Color Best Represents Your Personality? brought to you by Quizilla ...and... ![]() The Hopeful What human aspect fits your personality? (images) brought to you by Quizilla Oh my...and to think that some of my friends say I'm a pessimist, maybe I am and something just went wrong with the quiz. But the image is really nice. Posted by 王丽枫 at |
|
what? me? Wishlist Randomness Currently... kindly. SHOUT. archives linkages credits |
![]() |