Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim

Saturday, March 04, 2006
Hide and Seek

Life is so confusing. People are confusing. Everything is so confusing.

I've been gone for almost a whole year and during these months that I'm away, lots of things have happened. But I won't go back and recount them. They're too painful to remember.

At the present, finals are starting. It's hard to believe that we have only a few days left before our summer vacation officially begins. I'm still not feeling any excitement. In fact, when I said it was hard to believe, I meant it literally.

I've been playing hide and seek a lot lately. I'm oppressing myself without even knowing it. I'm so gullible that people use it to their advantage. I'm tired of being hurt. I hate experiencing enthusiasm at the thought that I'm going to make a new friend. And in the end, I find out that he or she isn't whom I thought s/he really is leaving me severely hurt and disappointed.

I've been hiding again. From what? From who? From a person whom I want to become friends with. Why? Because I learned something about him that left me torn in confusion. I don't know now if I still want him to become my friend. Some people tell me to give him a chance while others tell me otherwise.

If the world is black and white, then I'd be the one stuck in the middle. I'm lost right now. I'm drifting. I'm still waiting for the person who will come and push me into the right direction. I hate this feeling. I want to destroy it. I want to trample it, smash it and throw it away. I want to be able to stand on my own.


Posted by 王丽枫 at 3:06 AM