Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim

Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Tests, Teeth and Other Seemingly Insignificant Things...

We had vocational tests two days ago. Hard? Not really. But it was crazy in the sense that we took them one after the other without even a ten-minute break -- well, if you weren't able to finish early.

I enjoyed the interest test. It had three pictures of people working per item and we had to choose the one we prefer most. But the selections weren't really of my taste. I mean, a waitress, a sales clerk and a nurse? "What to choose? I don't want to be any of those when I grow up." That's the thought that kept on resurfacing on my mind.

And I finally had my braces removed yesterday. I returned to the dentist a while ago so that I could get my retainers. Now, I can't speak clearly. But then, who's complaining? Certainly not me.

I'm currently reading "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky. It talks about how a young man, after murdering an old pawnbroker, tackles with his own conscience. This is a good read for those interested in psychology.

I keep on seeing entries from some of my friends about this certain friend of mine. I'm not going to reveal his name but to my close friends, I think you know whom I am talking about. Anyway, this friend has been missing for months now. And various reasons kept on popping out of nowhere. But after reading the entries, I'm really getting scared. I love him as a brother and I only realized this after he went away. I always knew that I value him as a best friend and sometimes bordering to the point of a brother but I never thought about loving him as much as I love my own siblings.

I had a dream about him a few weeks ago. I woke up crying afterwards. I guess I was always denying to myself that he has indeed left us and the truth struck me so hard. I wish he'd come back or at least keep in touch. But doesn't everyone?


Posted by 王丽枫 at 2:31 AM