Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim

Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Monotony

It's funny how lying in bed, listening to music and taking a shower can do to pour ideas into my head...even though the ideas I got were not the ones for the story I'm planning to start writing. I'm the type of writer who'd make sure the piece (this only goes for stories) I'm working on is going to lead somewhere. I used to be the type to just keep on writing the first thing that would pop into my mind. The story came out badly. There were too much ideas that just got mixed into a single story. So that's why I prefer having a skeleton outline inside my brain and add whatever ideas I have later on.

Anyway, this story, as requested by a friend, is about a love triangle between a girl and twin brothers. According to my friend, it should be in the modern times and it should have a happy ending. I accepted it even though I prefer writing dark stories. It's almost a year now since she made that request and I still haven't started it because I didn't have a plot for it. Oh yeah, she wanted me to make into a love quadrangle...she wanted the girl's best friend to also fight for the protagonist's heart. I told her I'd do something about it but I didn't assure her I would have it done as she instructed. I dislike having so many guys falling for one girl. It's not really believeable if it goes that way.

The skeleton outline for that story is about to be completed. Now for the current story I'm working on, I already completed the outline for the story. It's the outline for each chapter that I'm having a hard time on doing.

I'm really looking forward to returning to school for the Judenites' workshop. And I still don't know whether I should continue with PLTC or shift to CAT. My fellow officers are trying to convince me to stay. I know they're doing that because the scouting movement is really in need of officers, especially now that the Seniors have already graduated. But I don't know...I mean, people will tell me that I should follow my heart and all those stuff yet I can't decide. I'm still weighing the pros and cons...


Posted by 王丽枫 at 3:39 AM