![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
Monday, April 10, 2006
I went to my cousin's daughter's birthday party yesterday and I noticed that almost all of my cousins' children are in the same age gap. Was it fun? It was okay. After all, it was a children's party. My aunt sat beside me and I wondered why she and dad didn't talk to each other the whole time. I found out later that there was some kind of misunderstanding between the two of them. As for me, I'm not really close to my relatives, even my cousins, except for two: Mom's younger brother and a cousin who is an incoming sophomore student in college. The age gap really set me apart from my relatives. I don't hate them; I just really can't relate to them. The aunt who sat beside me is past sixty. Her children are even older than my mom. Asides from the cousin who's still in college, the rest are either married, engaged or already working. What makes me mad at my aunts and uncles isn't their age but the fact that when we see them, we always need to greet them and they just snub us. That's why Fed and I always put up a silent front and plaster smiles on our faces during such occasions. Why bother opening our mouths when they don't even acknowledge our presence? I don't want any of their attention, if that's what you're thinking. But is it really that hard for them to look at us and smile whenever we greet them? That's how much I love my father's side of the family. Unlike the stories I hear from my friends about their relatives, mine is almost an adults-only function. As for my mother's side of the family, mom has two brothers. We don't really care about the older one. We dislike him. Harsh? Not really. He's like a complete stranger to us. He rarely visits grandma and only calls her when he needs something. The other one is ten years younger than mom. He is in his late twenties. He's like a cousin, uncle and brother molded into one. We love him. He's frank and he is willing to give out his opinions...not really bothering whether he sounds insensitive or not. And he's still single. But then, even if he has a girlfriend already, I have a feeling that we'll get along well with her. What was supposed to be a narration of the party turned into a bitter-like rant about my relatives. For my father's side, I think they're nice people. It's just that the treatment I give to my friends is more of a family than the one I give to them. Maybe it's because I don't try to interact with them... Posted by 王丽枫 at |
|
what? me? Wishlist Randomness Currently... kindly. SHOUT. archives linkages credits |
![]() |