Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim
Copyrighted to Eric Sim

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I think I'm finally starting to understand the loneliness that some freshmen are feeling in college. It's odd since I found my first two weeks satisfactory. Then again, I was cheerful and hyper that time. Now I find myself gradually separating myself from my blockmates. I'm usually silent during our block lunches and wishing that I were someplace else. Of course, it could also be because I don't connect to the girls in my block as well as I do with the boys, which worries me. Call me paranoid but I have this feeling that some see me as a flirt. After all, I tend to hang out with the boys.

A blockmate (female) has assured me that no one thinks that way but...

Ms. Ong suggested spending more time with the girls. I have tried that; however, it was difficult since I can't even relate to what they're talking about. I suppose that's also my fault since I'm usually not interested in the topic.

Maybe it's this strange emotion that's strangling me at the moment. Or is it an understanding? After all those articles I've read and the lessons I've had in MAPEH, it's only now that I seem to be able to differentiate love from infatuation. It's unavoidable. Despite the guys telling me I'm "one of the boys", I'm still a girl deep inside. I'm only human. I do get attracted to people from the opposite sex.

...

Is it even remotely possible that I can tell if I'm in love or only obsessed?

I know I'm in college to study. I guess that all the free time I have has got me thinking too much once more...making me analyze my feelings for him...if I still like him or if I'm just saying it since it's quite safe to tell my blockmates that he's my crush...worrying about my relationship with my friends...wondering if I'm neglecting them or if they're neglecting me...getting frustrated with my parents for ignoring me and my siblings during dinner, which is the only time when we actually have a conversation, because they are too engrossed with the ongoings of their business...

I really should revert to the nerdy me...well, start being a nerd...


Posted by 王丽枫 at 7:40 PM