![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
||||
![]() |
Friday, July 06, 2007
1. English used to be my favortire subject in high school; however, I find it boring now that I'm in college. We don't do anything but study the frameworks of some essays, brainstorm on topics and write an essay. I find this ironic since I keep on saying how much I love to write. The truth is, I'm tired of writing. I don't understand how it happened. It just did. This just goes to show how easily I lose interest in something. (On the other hand, I find Lit13 interesting since we're analyzing stories. But it won't last till the end of the school year. Lit14 is all about poetry and I'm not fond of poems.) 2. I love the library even if I had been shushed twice by those working there. Anyway, it's my fault for talking too loud. Not only is the place air conditioned, it also has plenty of photocopying machines. There are computers that you can use to do your homework (or search on anything you fancy) and to browse through the online catalog, which makes the search more convenient. And of course, the amount of books the place has is enough to satisfy a booklover's appetite. 3. Similar to #2, I also love the study hall. The first floor is a great area for individual study or sleep while the second floor is the perfect place for those who want to study in groups or hang-out. In addition, we're allowed to eat inside the group study corner. 4. The food is, in a way, more affordable than the ones being sold in my former school. Well, there are more places to choose from so I can avoid the expensive restaurants/stalls. Besides, the food from the inexpensive stalls/restaurants are equally good (sometimes better) to those that charge higher. 5. Even if I'm studying in one of the prestigious universities in this country, it is still unavoidable to encounter lazy students who leech on the diligent ones. 6. The work is more challenging compared to high school. Of course, there's no doubt about it. However, I'm thinking whether I made the right decision in choosing ADMU over DLSU, since many of my former schoolmates studying in the latter university are getting high grades while the ones I have so far are pretty average. Usually, I tell myself that this is better since I'll learn to get rid of the habit of being lazy and that I'll learn from my failures. (How disgustingly optimistic of me!) 7. People don't care where they are. If they want to display their affection to their boy/girlfriend in public, they'll do it. I was quite unfortunate to witness a couple in action while I was talking to a friend in Matteo Ricci. I don't know if their companions were uneasy over what was going on but I was. 8. My course blockmates told me that they never had the impression that I was a nerd when they first saw me. (And they still don't think I am one.) It was surprising because many of my high school classmates think of me as a nerd. None of them (course blockmates) even think I'm silent. Well, this one is my fault since I was noisy during our OrSem. (I wonder what my blockmates from other classes think of me.) :p 9. I hate the smoking areas. Couldn't the school have situated it in a remote area? Or at least in a place where not many people cross? 10. I'm always exhausted upon getting home from school. I'm still trying to figure out the reason for this one. It's not like the classes are that difficult already. Maybe it's because I have to carry all my things whenever I'm walking. And I walk a lot. (Most of my blockmates would be lounging in the cafeteria during our breaks and I'd often drag a friend to accompany me in my trip to the library or any other place I need to go to.) Posted by 王丽枫 at |
|
what? me? Wishlist Randomness Currently... kindly. SHOUT. archives linkages credits |
![]() |